Hey! I’m On Blog Talk Radio!
I spent a half hour this morning being interviewed by my dear friend, Debbie Lousberg, a career coach, for the “Success Journeys” portion of her Blog Talk Radio program, “There’s a U in Success.” You can listen to us here.
In this interview, I define success as having three parts:
- To be self-aware (to understand your own strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions)
- To conduct yourself with integrity (honesty, decency, truthfulness)
- To contribute to making the world a better place (may not be through work)
I also make three recommendations to help cultivate self-awareness:
- Cultivate a spiritual practice that quiets the mind, preferably daily. This might be prayer, meditation, journaling, chanting—anything that leaves you more grounded than when you started.
- If you can afford it, consider working with a therapist or with a spiritual director.
- Ask other people—trusted—how they perceive and experience you. Other people may see something in you that you haven’t seen in yourself.
Leave a Reply